Mindful Child Yoga Teacher Training
This is an inspiring certification program endorsed by the Yoga Alliance covering all aspects of yoga for children ages 2-18. EVERYONE is welcome to apply, and those who already have their RYT-200 or higher will be eligible to earn the specialty RCYT designation.
LEVEL ONE – Mindfulness & Children’s Yoga
Gain a greater understanding of the relationship between the brain, nervous system, and body. Learn how yoga and mindfulness can support effective self-regulation. Participants will leave training with the tools to help children use the calming power of their breath, improve focus & concentration, and feel self- confident through physical movement.
Includes manual and five lesson plans!
What you will learn:
- Ways to safely instruct children’s yoga classes based on developmental level
- To instruct kids and teens on basic poses and mindful practices/movement that facilitate self-regulation and self-esteem
- Breathing exercises for reducing stress and anxiety
- Lesson planning best practices for creating successful, engaging classes
- Engaging ways to introduce mindfulness to reduce tension and stress
- Creative yoga and mindfulness games
- Marketing and business strategies
LEVEL TWO – Mindfulness & Yoga for Sensory Integration and Special Needs
Current research documents that when practiced correctly, yoga and mindfulness can improve children’s physical, neurological, cognitive and emotional growth. Mental health disorders, stress, and developmental challenges are rising in children and being referred to as an epidemic. Yoga and mindfulness are being recognized as a treatment to effectively promote healthy brain development, cognitive skills and self-regulation for children regardless of their diagnoses.
This training is a collaboration between two experts in pediatric movement therapy. Dr. Tracy Daniel, psychologist, will lead the training with contributions from Deana Lesher, occupational therapist.
What you will learn:
- Participants will learn to utilize yoga/therapeutic movement and incorporate this practice into their work with children with a variety of diagnoses.
- Ways to modify and sequence yoga classes for children with diagnoses such as ADHD, Autism, Sensory Processing Disorder, Anxiety, Stress, Learning Disabilities, Downs Syndrome, and Developmental Delays.
- Yoga games specifically designed for increasing focus and reducing hyperactivity
- Yoga poses with modification and suggestions for engagement and safety
- Engaging mindfulness practices to support self awareness and self-regulation
- Visualization and relaxation techniques to support emotional resilience.
LEVEL THREE – Mindfulness and Yoga: Advanced Teaching Concepts for Children
Yoga is so much more than poses. It is a teaching based on improving the health of the whole child. The Level Three training is a “how-to-guide” to teaching yoga philosophy to children. The major foundational principals of the yogic lifestyle will be discussed as they support healthy living, and social-emotional learning. This training will provide teachers with FUN child friendly ways to incorporate yogic philosophy into children’s yoga classes.
In this training, you will:
- Expand your knowledge of the brain and nervous system and how it relates to yoga.
- Discuss research-backed ways to dissipate behavior issues and enhance cognitive processing during yoga classes.
- Practice new yoga and mindfulness-based activities.
- Discuss yogic philosophy and ethics and how to apply it to children’s yoga classes.
- Deepen your understanding of anatomy and physiology in relation to exercise and children’s yoga.
- Learn healthy mindful eating techniques and why they are important to add to children’s classes.
Training Times for Level 1, 2 & 3
- Friday 12:00 P.M. to 7:30 P.M.
- Saturday 3:00 P.M. to 7:30 P.M.
- Sunday 9:00 A.M. to 3:00 P.M.
Each training includes:
18-contact hours and 7 non-contact hours; Comprehensive Mindful Child Instructor Manual; Lesson Plans, Community Facebook Group for continued sharing of resources, advice, support, and more! Recommended resources and other teaching materials will be available for viewing at the training.
2018 MINDFUL CHILD SUMMER INTENSIVE TRAINING
Immerse yourself in kid’s yoga and mindfulness education while cultivating new friendships and connecting with like-minded professionals. Attend one training level or all levels to complete the 95-hour children’s yoga specialty.
Each training is open for individual registration allowing the flexibility to attend just a couple days of training or stay for the entire program.
- Level One: Mindfulness and Children’s Yoga (July 16th-17th)
- Level Two: Mindfulness and Yoga for Sensory Integration and Special Needs (July 18th – 19th)
- Level Three: Mindfulness and Children’s Yoga: Advanced Teaching Concepts (July 20th and July 23rd)
- Radiant Child Yoga (July 24th – 25th)
- Time: 9:00 A.M. to 6:00 P.M.
- Cost for Intensive: $999 before June 15th, $1050 after June 15th (this cost includes Mindful Child levels 1-3)
The Mindful Child levels provide 18 contact hours plus 7 non-contact hours for each level. Each participant seeking the 95-hour designation must register for the 95-application/mentorship, which provides teachers with the last 20 hours needed to register with yoga alliance.
Radiant Child Yoga Teacher Training (Level 1-2)
FOR COURSE DETAILS, COST, TO REGISTER, AND UPCOMING TRAINING SESSION DATES, PLEASE CLICK THE “Register Now” BUTTON
**Please note when signing up online processing fees may apply. Your registration holds a limited space in our training. All paid fees are non-refundable. As Mindful Child Wellness offers proprietary information and trademarked intellectual property, we require that participants in this program will not open a children’s yoga facility or studio within a 20 mile radius of any Kansas City-based Mindful Child Wellness Studio owned by Dr. Tracy L. Daniel without explicit written permission from Mindful Child Wellness.